Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The End of the Beginning... Pushing Forward!

So everyone around me has this blogger so I thought it may be a good chance for those close to me to have the chance to keep up to date with what is going on in my life. Living so far away from family is difficult at times and I am not the type to just spill my guts to someone, so this gives me the chance to debrief at the end of the day.

I just had my last class for my first semeter of school. Looking back over the past few months I have been through so much and it has been a time of testing my strength and if I can persevere through it all. I have had a lot of time to reflect on the events that have unfolded in my life. When I first moved down here, I found out that the apartment I was inhibiting had bugs (bed bugs) and I was forced to move out and because my apartment was considered unfit. I moved in with my coworker and his family for a month and a half. Chris and his family have been amazing throughout this all. Shortly after moving there, I tore something in my shoulder and had to wear a sling for about a week. I will be going home next week and I will have to get it checked out because it still is bothering me. After that, the engine in my car blew and I had to fork out $3000 to get that fixed. In March I moved to Charleston, IL and things seem to be settling down. Meanwhile, I had been trying to maintain my grades for school and stay focused on what was important.

You know, reflecting back on this semester, it has been a time of trials and troubles but in the long run, I feel it has been a time for me to test myself and my perseverence. I feel after everything I have been through, I am so much stronger and can get through anything. Even though I have been through so much this semester, the one thing that was continually going through my head was "there are people out there some where who are much more worse off than I am." For the most part, I have been healthy and so has my family... and those are irreplacable. My parents have been there for me in so many more ways than what I ever expected... finacially, emotionally, and mentally. They have made this semester possible for me. My sister has been my shoulder throughout the semester. She is my rock and I look up to her so much. She gives me so much strength and unfortunately, she will never understand just how much of an influence she is on my life. The strength she has is unbelievable and I have so much respect for her! She is a wonderful MOTHER, SISTER, FRIEND, and DAUGHTER

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So excited to see you in a week!!!! I know hunter wants to see aunt NeNe as well1