Thursday, July 24, 2008

Court and More

Well it has been almost a month since I blogged but life has been so busy. I tried to blog a couple weeks ago right after I got back from MN but when all was said and done, it deleted everything some how. I said screw it and did not want to retype it at all. Well the next big things in my life include court on Monday! I am so nervous that it is not even funny. I have Brian coming down on Sunday and tomorrow I find out if Travis will be down to testify. On top of trying to meet with my lawyer to make sure I have all my T's crossed and I's dotted, I am in the last two weeks of school for my three summer classes so I have finals going on right now as well. My lawyer thinks I can represent myself in court because I seem to be on top of everything and he recommends that I ask for more than what I have originally asked for. He asked me to addend the original report and ask for 8-10,000 instead of $4,000. The judge can always give me less than what I ask for but he can not give me more. I am trying to stay level headed about everything but I do not feel like I am doing a good job.

School seems to be going good for me. I can fail my Patho final and still pass the class... that is reassuring since I may not have a whole lot of time to study for this one. In English I got a 96/100 on my essay and his response insinuated that he really enjoyed reading it. I have another one due this Sunday, a Gerontology assignment due Monday, two quizzed due, a ten page paper due in a week, a final test on Wednesday and anything else that may pop up in the middle some where.

Mihnie gets declawed in the front and back tomorrow. I am so nervous bringing her there. I hate the idea that I am bringing my little girl to a place that will hurt her. It does not exactly sit well with me. I cried my eyes out when I brought Goldie in to get this done. Mihnie is also getting fixed tomorrow. Triple wammy! Enough of this ... time to get back to work...

No comments: