Monday, June 30, 2008

Parents Weekend

So my parents came to visit me this weekend. It was so nice to see them and actually get the chance to spend quality time with them. They got see what the house looks like now that we have finished a good chunk of it for now and they also got to see what my life is like down here. It was relaxing but busy. Saturday they got here at 12:45 pm... just as we were finishing up the house. We went out to eat at the Alamo and I treated them for their anniversary and Dad's birthday. Sunday we had a lunch get together at the park for everyone who has helped me since I have moved down here. There was 12 of us and it was nice to see everyone and have everyone finally meet my parents. Sunday evening we drove around Charleston and showed them the town. Today we drove to Mattoon and I showed them my work, my old apartment, and a few other places. In the afternoon I brought them to Nate's fire station and he gave them the grand tour. Mom loved it. She was so cute and curious... Just like a little kid. They were genuinely interested in what Nate's job was like.


Back of the ambulance...where Nate hits on the old ladies!


Fire truck



Mom in the firetruck


Nate teaching dad stuff about the engine


This is a camera that can detect heat ... that is mom's face on the camera screen. Creepy!




Mom trying on an air pack... she was nervous because she was struggling with breathing




Trying on Nate's jacket... what is that hand doing between her legs?!?!?
She looks pretty slutty in this picture! Don't worry... we told her!


I hate to see them leave tomorrow morning at 5 am but I know I have studying to do and they have stuff they need to get done as well. Hopefully they will be able to make it down again. Nate was a gentleman and agreed to give up the master bedroom for them when they came so they had a huge bedroom and the attached bathroom all to themselves. What a nice guy he is! Mom and dad think he is great and have a lot of respect for what he does with his life. It is nice to see they all get along so well and my parents approve of him!

Hopefully Tanya and Hunter will be able to come down sometime soon and see me as well! Hunter might like the fire truck?!?! I get to see them next week for She Woman and I am extremly excited. I am all packed and mom and dad are bringing my suit case back home tomorrow so I don't have to carry it on the plane with me on the way there... lighter load!



1 comment:

Nellie said...

I think Tanya and Hunter should bring me and Ellie with for a trip down! Wouldn't that be fun!