Sunday, March 15, 2009

Multiples?!??!

Had my first dr appt on Friday. Did the whole pee in a cup, blood work, exam, Q&A, health history... blah blah blah. While the nurse was doing a health history on me she asked if I have had any morning sickness. Nate chymes in... "She pukes all the time all day and has probably lost 8 pounds from that. She has it really bad." The nurse (acting like it is nothing) looks to the other nurse in training and states, "That could mean there are multipiles." WTF... MULTIPLES? So later the Dr comes in and we are asking questions and I say

"True or False; having extreme morning sickness puts me at a higher risk of carrying multiples?" She turns to me and says "TRUE"

TRUEEEEEE... oh shit. Nate has a big smile on his face bc he wants multiples. I am nervous because I am still adjusting to the idea of on child in my tummy at the moment. We go back in two weeks and they are going to see if they can tell if I have more than one in there or not. So watch for updates. They put me on antiemetic pills (nausea) but even though I take them, I am still puking some. Don't get me wrong... it is better than what it was but still queasy!

Enough of that for now... more hw and trying to go eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i lost 18 lbs in the first trimester of my pregnancy with Ellie. it was terrible! i was so damn sick. i also was taken off the prenatals and started the flinstones. i didn't even start the prenatals this time around... went right to the flinstones.

can't wait to hear what happens! the doc who did the first ultrasound... did he see just one?