Monday, June 9, 2008

Court, Leakage, school, and admirers

So I had court last week for the bed bug issue and my old landlord plead not guilty to the charges so now we go to trial on July 28th. Pretty nervous about it all but everything happens for a reason... so it will all work out.

Also, last week Charleston/Mattoon got hit with some really bad weather. I was working at Sherwin Williams in Mattoon when one of the bed storms came through town. I was working and all of a sudden the sky got dark. All of my employees were out putzing around (when really they were supposed to be at the store working) so I was there by myself. The tornado sirens go off and sure enough... they were legit. There was a tornado that touched down 1/2 mile to a mile away from my place of employment (about the distance from Mom and dads house to my old day care lady, Marilyn). Scared the crap out of me and my employees came back half way through the storm and were just laughing at me. Come to find out the next day in the paper that the tornado took out a business and destroyed at least 8 cars at the car dealership and damaged many other. Well anyway... with all the rain he had, we got water in the basement. I don't mean one little trickle ... but rather from all angles of the house except one corner. Spent all day Saturday cleaning up down in the basement and trying to dry stuff up. We have some mud in the basement we need to get up now as well. Nate took personal leave time from work to get everything out of the basement, remove the carpet, padding, and wood frame for the floor. He also started removing the drywall down there to check the foundation of the house. He will be digging on the outside around the foundation as well. Oh happy.. happy.. joy ... joy. Believe it or not... he has not been crabby. I was expecting him to be ornery and cranky because of how much of a hassle this is and how time consuming it is but he definitely has been in a decent mood. I AM NOT COMPLAINING! Happy to see that when the times get tough he stays composed. Glad one of us does because when things get stressful enough for me... I just cry. Yep... just looking at me wrong makes me ready to break down in tears... that or I make a big announcement that I am cranky and just leave me be for the time.

Summer school is going good. I had my first test in Patho and I got a B!!!!! Definitely excited about that. Geriatrics is going well for me as well. That is such an easy slack class, but Patho makes up for it by being the opposite extreme. I signed up for my English 2 class and Lakeland College in Mattoon today as well. So now I will be taking 9 credits this summer. Keep in mind, 6 credits in the summer is considered full time.

So last week I was visiting Nate at work and some guy that had seen me working at SW saw my car there so they sat there and waited for me to leave the fire station and followed me. I was going to the Vet to bring Mihnie in for her check up appointment and he followed me there as well. (thank goodness I was not going home or he would have found where I lived) He pulled up behind my car in the vet parking lot (blocking me in so I couldn't leave) and said he saw my car and so he wanted to talk. He also commented on how he has been to my place of employment on two different occasions looking for me. We wanted to know if I was a firefighter and worked there as well. He then asked me out to dinner. Of course I said no and then swiftly went inside the Vet to get Mihnie to her appointment and away from him. He creeped me out completely and I ended up having nightmares about it for the next few nights. I told Nate about the event right away and he has some friends that are police officers and had them drive past our house through out the night (since Nate had to work that night and would not be home with me). I had every curtain pulled and definitely became guarded. I am constantly watching for this guys truck constantly when I am on the road. That is the second guy who has followed me since i have been in Charleston. About a month ago I had a guy follow me to work and decided to buy over $2000.00 in paint. He also proceeded to tell my boss that the only reason he was here was because he was me driving and was really attractive (or something to that affect). He was in at the end of last week and I talked to him face to face for the first time. He asked me to dinner two times while I waited on him and of course I said no... but dang... what is up with these IL guys. They are doing a good job at scaring me. I am just trying not to show it or look (appear) vulnerable.

Well time to get back to more hw. Have a good night everyone!

No comments: