Sunday, June 22, 2008

So let me clarify something in my last blog... I have never had a bladder infection... only a yeast infection. Thanks Tanya for correcting me. Anywho, the update for the dang bladder infection... they put me on Macrobid and I started to feel better the first day and the second... then the third day I start to get the sensation back... I can feel the constant urge to go but really can't go. All day, my great toe on my right foot had been hurting. I honestly thought I had gout. I call the doctor the fourth day and I go in for more testing to rule out anything else it could possibly be. She decided that I needed to switch to a different antibiotic because I was not responding to Macrobid. They put me on Cipro and I went home. That day I had been cramping really bad in my legs and my feet were numb off and on. If they were not numb, then they were hurting and cramping really bad. The way I could describe the pain is if someone stripped all the skin off of my leg and laid it back on (just like you lay new grass on the ground). Weird but that is what kept coming to mind. That night I was in so much pain that I was in bed by 730. I felt my throat swell up a couple times through out the day. I started reading the side effects of macro because I had not started my first dose of Cipro until later that night. I found out that muscle cramping, peripheral neuropathy, and respiratory compromise were all side effects of the Macrobid. Nate called the hospital to find out if I needed to be addressed immediately or wait it out a little bit since I was no longer going to be taking the medication. He told Nate not to bring me in yet as long at my vitals were stable (they were). The next morning I felt alot better but it definitely scared me.

So our house is in a bigger mess than before. Our kitchen is getting painted, my bedroom is gutted to plaster, basement gutted, and living-room getting knock down on it... we live out of our bedroom and bathroom currently... can't wait til Friday when everything will be done... just in time for mom and dad to get here. No pressure for the house to be spotless for them! Nate and I got a BIG trampoline the other day so I am waiting for him to put that up for me to lay outside on and just be a kid every now and then. His nephew is over every once in a while as well so he can play on it. Hopefully Hunter will one day as well! Well time for more hw... mwah!

Tanya, I can not figure out how to comment on other people's blogs... :(

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Click on the 0comments below the blg entry. You will get to the screen that I am on now. Leave your message. Do the word verification. Then type your username and id. They were something you set up when you set up your blog account. Otherwise sometimes you can go anonymous, and/or leave you name on the comment like this.
Tanya