Friday, May 30, 2008

Dog Sitting

So this weekend I am dog sitting in Peoria, IL for Steph and Kyle. I was scared crapless on my way here because we had a huge storm go through (tornado warning, 20 degree temperature drop in a 20 minutes, and POURING rain) and I could not see the road for the life of me. I wonder what my blood pressure was at that point. Needless to say I got here safe! It made me think of the time it was pouring back home and my sister wiped out on highway 61 and ended up in oncoming traffic back when she owned her black cavalier. EEEKKSSS.

I have never been a dog person so this should be interesting. I spent last weekend with him(Porthos) so he is used to me and I am warming up to him. This should be a good weekend for me to lay outside and tan my pasty tush while studying hard core for 4 tests I have next week. I aced my first test in Gerontology and hope to continue the pattern.

I got an email today. Decatur is starting a nurse externship (student nurse) on June 23rd and having people apply right now. I am going to apply for that and hope that I can get my foot in the door there. I know it is a little bit of a drive but it is a good experience to have. I will not work at SW as much even if I don't get paid for the externship. Money is only a number but skills are forever.

Time to eat! MMMMmmmm.

No comments: