Friday, May 16, 2008

Turning a New Leaf

So for the last year I have been very guarded with my feelings because I was hurt so bad in my last relationship. I found it easy to keep my wall up and just be friends with everyone. If I did go on a date with someone I would only go on a couple and leave. Now I find myself in a different situation; I find myself without this tall wall built around me and somewhat vulnerable. I brought home Nate last week to meet my family and to just get a way and have a vacation. Prior to him coming home to visit I was unsure whether or not I was still ready to give my all to a relationship.

Well my family and friends think he is wonderful!My mom commented on how mature he is. My sister and him hit it off right away as well. If you did not know us, you would of thought those two were dating. They crack me up when they are together. She couldn't believe how generous he was. "It is nice to know there are still a few good men out there" was one of her comments. My friend Abby and him got along really good as well. Just seeing the interaction between them opened my eyes up and put me at a whole new comfort level with him. Knowing that my family seems to really approve of him and have a great amount of respect for him really means alot to me. I did alot talking with my family about him and everyone had nothing but nice things to say... they did not appear apprehensive. My family really stressed to me that I need to let my guard and let him in before I never get the chance period.
Not only that, someone said something to me that really hit home. "Love like you have never been hurt." Now for those of you who don't know me, that is something that is hard to do but I have come to a point in my life where if I don't take a chance... then I will never know. Now I am not saying I am in love or anything that mushy... but I actually feel that I am safe to let my guard down and see where things go between us. New step in my life... slow and steady... steady and slow... that is the way to go!





Nate and I at his family pictures

At Benihanas in the Twin Cities

Well I need to start working on some home work for class next week... I think I did enough mushy mushy in this to last a while. Easiest to get it done now since Nate is working for two days straight (48 hrs). Night all!

1 comment:

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Awww, you guys make a cute couple!