Sunday, May 4, 2008

Pushing Through and Being Successful!

Wow, life has been crazy busy over the last couple of days. I feel as if I have a sense of accomplishment though. I took my last final on Friday for Interactional Dynamics. I think I did pretty good and overall for the semester, my GPA will either be a 3.6 or a 4.0. No one would understand how good it feels to have those good of grades after everything I have went through this last semester. I do not mean this in a cocky way, but I am actually proud of myself for my accomplishment. I feel that I have proved to myself that no matter how difficult life gets, I have the strength to over come it and still be successful. A few semesters ago, I was not so proud of myself because I could not juggle the troubles that stare me in the face and my school work and hence, my school work suffered. I became so lost in all my troubles and could not get on the path to success until I made some changes... weeding out the bad and bringing on any challenge that dare lie in my path and try to challenge me that I could not overcome. I made a promise to myself afterward that I would never let anyone or anything get in my way and I am going to keep that promise. Nothing in my life is more important to me than my education because that will affect me for the rest of my life. That is my dream and anyone or anything that tries to get in the way of it, are not a necessity in my life. I WILL PREVAIL.

I believe that the events in my life is what gives me my sense of confidence. They have shaped who I am but at the same time, given me a chance to experience things in life... good and bad. The good has a lot to do with my family and their solid structure. Yeah any family has its flaws, but it is the overall strength and support of each other that gives me a complete sense of comfort. If my sister, Tanya, and I are arguing or if mom is just being too picky and making me mad, I still know that they will be there for me, and I for them. We will make up and get over it... in the long run it makes us stronger and will build a stronger sense of understanding of the other person. As the saying goes, "Everything happens for a reason," and I, along with my sister, firmly believe in that. Anyways, my family is the best thing that ever happened to me. I can say whole heartily and honestly that they are my everything. Yeah I may not call everyday and talk with them but they are always in my heart.
THE BEST PERSON IN MY LIFE... MY SISTER AND I

Mom and I


So getting back on track, the bad... well the bad I will not be specific but I have been faced with a number of bad events in my life but feel I have learned so much. I am a firm believer that if you can make the best out of a bad situation and learn from it, then it can be made into a positive event. At first it may be hard to see the good that comes from such a horrible situation but it is there... I promise. It took me a while to see that in the bad and I am still figuring out how I can make good out of some of the bad in my life ... but it is there... I just need to keep digging and I will find it. All the bad that has happened in my life is how I came up with the title to my BLOG profile.

All the good and bad stated above has given me my confidence... it has guided me to be who I am today. I can say that I have changed so much and am a much different person today and who I was two years ago. Two years ago I was a very different person than what I was two years prior to that. I do a lot of reflection in my life and can see how I have grown over the years... again it feels like a sense of accomplishment! I am comfortable in my skin and it shows because I AM NOT SCARED TO BE ... OR BE JUST ME!!

Well I better get packing because I leave for MN tomorrow and can't wait to see everyone ... :)

No comments: